Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Beach Party, Sunburn & Cake

This past weekend we celebrated at the beach my son turning two. I'm a little sad. He is my last child, my youngest, 3 of 3, the end, the final one and he is now 2 yrs old!
I love little babies and this little man is soooo awesome that I could have like 50 more of him if my body could handle it!! Even though he was still waking up every 2 1/2 hours at night until he was 15 months old I would do it again!

We rented a cabin at the beach and decorated it up


We went down to the beach and learned that the water is our friend.  :)


Then we decided we liked the fountain better than we do the beach today.


We topped that all off with cake!



I was up until midnight working on this cake.  I had intended to finish it before we went to the cabin but it just didn't happen.  So I took a few of my cake decorating supplies with me and did what I could with what I had. 
All of the decor was made out of fondant and gumpaste.  I used graham cracker crumbs for the sand.  The flowers are fabric and are attached using buttercream.  I was initially going to cover the cake with fondant for a smooth look but because the time was so late and I wanted the sides to resemble water I swirled buttercream over it and airbrushed it with blue.

Hows that for a made at the beach cake??

I ended up with a massive sunburn to my arms, chest and upper back.  Being the smart mom that I am I made sure the rest of my family was slathered in sunscreen.  And since I was just going to be the camera lady that morning I opted not to cover myself.  BAD IDEA!!!!  2 1/2 hours after the party began I finally went in out of the sun and realized my mistake. 

The agony!

I am finally moving out of the pain stage and into the still somewhat tender and certain places are starting to peel.  I have been applying an herbal ointment to keep my skin nourished but oh my the farmer's tan I will have!!!

Lesson learned!






07ba8d304d30ec30228cb0054e85a7e8

1 comment:

  1. He's getting so big and so cute. OMG, look at that cake that is awesome, I want a cake like that. Man, girl you have talent. Sorry about your sunburn. Tammy Bumgardner

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a little love!

Related Posts with Thumbnails